Having just recently done up my kitchen I chose to have lovely glossy black granite tiles, the only thing I dint think of was how hard it would be to clean. The granite tiles are expensive and hard wearing so by splashing out a bit extra you know that they will last for years to come. Because granite is naturally glossy they show up every speck of dirt and mess that will fall on it.
Cleaning granite tiles in kitchen
Having tried various different methods of cleaning I have found this way works best.
- Firstly remove all dust and loose dirt by vacuuming
- Then mix floor cleaner fluid as specified on bottle (I use flash floor cleaner) using hot water
- After mopping the granite tiles leave for 5 minutes
- Rinse mop and then mop area again
- After another 5 minute using a microfiber mop, mop the tiles until dry and smear free
It may sound like a long process but this ensures the high gloss finish and smear free marks that you wouldn’t get using a traditional mop it should take no longer than half an hour.
If you have any hints and tricks that have worked for you then please leave a comment.