Most people already know how to change a light bulb, but for those of you who don’t, follow these easy steps below.
Preparing to change a light bulb
- First of all make sure the mains have been switched off to reduce the risk of electrocution.
- Then make sure the switch for the light you are about to change is also on the off position.
- Before you start, make sure you have the right kind of light bulb i.e. screw cap or bayonet cap and also the correct wattage for the bulb (eg 40W).
- If you have done all these steps, you’re ready to start.
Replacing the light bulb
- With the mains still off, hop on a sturdy chair, ladder, or stool and twist or unscrew existing light bulb.
- Discard faulty light bulb immediately so you don’t get confused.
- Remove new light bulb from package and screw in place or twist if it’s bayonet cap.
- Switch mains back on.
- Stand back from light and switch on using light switch.
You have now replaced the light bulb.