When you’re at the end of your 2WW (two week wait) it so hard not to over analyse everything to work out if you are pregnant or not. There are many forums that offer advice for women who may suspect that they are pregnant but not everyone gets the same symptoms to suspect early pregnancy. Here are just some of the most common tell tale signs that you may be pregnant.
Top 10 pregnancy signs
- Tender nipples and breasts are what many women report as an early sign of pregnancy. This is because of the higher levels of hormones that are in the body after conception, they tenderness does settle down soon after though.
- Cramping is a sign that the uterus is contracting and is experienced by many women in early pregnancy; it can be a good sign. If the cramping gets worse and persist then it may mean something’s wrong so you should visit your doctor.
- Darker areolas are supposed to be a sure sign that you are pregnant too, many women also report that veins appear more prominent on breasts than usual.
- Fatigue can also mean pregnancy if it is experienced early on, as the hormone levels increase the body needs to adjust before it can fully function again.
- Sense of taste can change, some women may go off their favourite food and some even get a metallic taste in their mouth. Sense of smell can also be heightened also.
- Implantation bleeding is a positive sign, it occurs 6-10 days past ovulation, you might see small spots of blood that are dark red or brown. It should be seen only when wiping, if you experienced this then you may have implanted and a pregnancy test should work a few days later after HCG builds up in the body.
- High body temperature that stays elevated until after your period is due is also a good sign that you could be expecting. This only works if you are charting BBT and check your temperature every morning at the same time.
- Nausea is also a sign that you could be pregnant, most women don’t experience sickness until 12 weeks but there are some that get it sooner than others. It doesn’t necessarily have to be in the morning it can happen any time of day, morning, afternoon or even in the evening.
- Frequent urination can also be a sign although many don’t experience this until much later in pregnancy when the baby pushes against the bladder. But the rise in hormone is also said to trigger frequent trips to the loo.
- The last sign is obviously a missed period, if you are regular and find that you are a day or so late, wait a few more days before taking a pregnancy test. Not only are they expensive but they can be devastating and disappointing if you test too soon to find out that you’re period is just late and you are not pregnant.
It may be worth to buy cheap pregnancy tests as the signs for pregnancy are also very similar to PMS, you can buy a bundle that cost the same as store bought only a higher quantity. If you cannot refrain from testing earlier it is advisable to buy tests that are very sensitive as store brand ones such as Early Response and Clear Blue pregnancy tests do not have sensitive levels when t comes to testing for pregnancy.